In this Coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy, you’ll find all the essential guidelines our employees will follow during the coronavirus outbreak and temporary alterations of existing sick leave and work from home policies.
Policy brief & purpose
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions, we assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our employees who physically work in our office(s). We strongly recommend to our remote working personnel to read through this action plan as well, to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Here, we outline the required actions employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
Sick leave arrangements:
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave or work from home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you have fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
Work from home requests:
- If you are feeling ill, but you can work, you can request to work from home.
- If you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases (based on CDC announcements), we’ll ask you to work from home for 14 calendar days and return to the office only if you are fully asymptomatic. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- If you have been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, request work from home. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- If you are a parent and you must stay at home with your children, request work from home. Follow up with your manager or departmental leader to plan and set expectations.
- If you need to provide care to a family member infected by COVID-19, request work from home. You will only be permitted to return to the office 14 calendar days after your family member has fully recovered if you’re asymptomatic or you have a doctor’s note confirming you don’t have the virus. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- All work trips and events – both domestic and international – will be canceled/postponed until further notice.
- In-person meetings should be done virtually where possible, especially with non-company parties (e.g. candidate interviews and partners).
- If you are planning to travel voluntarily to a high-risk country with increased COVID-19 cases, we’ll ask you to work from home for 14 calendar days. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
General hygiene rules:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers you will find around the office.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).
Please know that our technicians will be extra vigilant during their service visits. They will follow clear instructions regarding the complete cleaning of the devices before and after their work on your equipment. In addition, our team is equipped with highly effective sanitation products and additional hygienic protection. Please be aware that with reduced staff, our average response time may increase slightly.
Virtual Support Service Calls:
Our service team can provide virtual support to our customers and our customers home-based users. WE ARE HERE TO HELP. If our clients are having issues with print, we will attempt to assist with home printer setup, scanning, hardware issues regardless of contract status or work location.
As our business has been deemed essential, and we supply to many City of Calgary facilities, trucking industries, and other companies that have been deemed essential that require our supplies/services to maintain their operations, our supply chain fulfillment will continue. Some minor delays may occur, due to staffing changes and we appreciate your patience.
Unnecessary installs have been suspended for the time being. We will re-evaluate in the coming weeks.
Although our account managers are currently encouraged to work from home, they are still responding to inquiries, but have suspended non-essential customer-facing engagements. Meetings will be rescheduled or hosted virtually by either conference call or video conference where available.
This is unchartered territory for all agencies that choose to operate through this difficult time, and as such, your patience and understanding is appreciated.
We at PWW pride ourselves on a great team and can say with certainty that we would not be able to do this without them. We thank them for their ongoing support and thank our clients and customers for their support and trust, as we continue to evolve through this difficult time together.
We extend our deepest sympathy to all who have been personally affected.