If you wish to clean your own printing devices, below we have provided a guidance to clients on how to effectively clean their printing devices and maintain a healthy work environment.
The following guidance is relevant to surfaces of Multifunction Devices, Presses, and Printers (e.g. panels, buttons, user interfaces, display screens, touch screens, doors/access handles).
- Wear disposable gloves (latex or nitrile) when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Before cleaning please turn off the device, disconnect AC power, and unplug device from the outlet. Never clean a device while it is powered on and plugged in as it may cause electrification.
- Moisten a clean, soft, lint free, cotton cloth with rubbing alcohol (a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water). Do not use fibrous materials, such as paper towels. The cloth should be moist with no free liquid to ensure dripping does not occur.
- Do not spray any liquids onto the devices directly.
- Moderately wipe the moistened fabric on the surfaces to be cleaned. Take care to avoid moisture from entering inside the device or between gaps around the control panel or buttons. Disinfectant entering the device may cause extensive damage or failure due to corrosion.
- When cleaning a display screen or control panel, carefully wipe in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom. Do not rub the control panel strongly as it can be easily scratched or cracked.
- Before turning the device on after cleaning, please ensure surfaces have completely air-dried. No moisture should be noticeable on the surface of the device before it is turned back on for use.
- Dispose of gloves after each cleaning. Immediately clean hands after you remove your gloves.
Instructions for Safe Handling
Due to its high flammability and potential health hazards, it is important to handle isopropyl alcohol in a safe manner no matter what the setting.
- Store in a cool, well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing.
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- In the event of contact with isopropyl alcohol, wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Learn about our COVID-19 Company Policy here.